Friday, May 18, 2007

Let me be the one to give you everything you want and need

I am sooo bored with my life. I need some excitement, a change. Not too much of a change, but something different. I realized yesterday how ironic it is for me to be feeling this way at this exact time. I was up in D.C. during this time last year interviewing for jobs and thinking about moving there! It was weird too, how Chris contacted me a few weeks ago and wanted to be friends again--right before it was to be two years. So weird. Maybe it's just the time of year? Or I've been doing this for too long and realized I'm not satisfied and want something more. I do want something more. I haven't wanted to admit it because I feel so guilty about it, but I'm not happy with my situation. I feel like working here is just that--it's just a job. Not a possible career, which I guess I should be working towards? It's still all so surreal. It's only been a year, but it feels like forever. And I keep viewing it as, what do I have to look forward to? And that's not a good outlook on life. When you're just trying to get by day-to-day, living the same thing over and over again. And I keep thinking about how this is going to be what it's like for the rest of my life. And I really don't want to feel that way anymore. I've just got to get over my fear of change, because that's what's really holding me back.

No comments: