Monday, December 10, 2007

You know his touch all too well

I'm not so sure it was a good idea. Because now I can't get him out of my head. Again. There was a time when I thought I'd gotten over him. I was over him. But now, it's all come back. And I'm confused. Smarter. Much smarter to know that it was only one night, like all the others. Was it really different this time? Or am I just fooling myself, holding on to that little strand of hope that I just can't let go of? It was all him. He called. He'd been sending me random messages. Completely out of the blue. And then there was what he said. Talking about settling down? What did he mean? Was he talking about me? I'm not sure, because he's seemed to prove that I am not someone he has wanted to date. He said something about how we've known each other a few years now, and how our relationship has been about one thing...And, apparently, he trusts me and feels he can be completely honest with me. I guess he's saying he's comfortable with me. I wonder if he remembers saying this to me, or if he was just drunk and didn't know what he was talking about. Or if it actually means something. Most likely, it doesn't. And I'm not holding him to anything he said or did, because I'm not stupid and know WAY better than to do that. I guess I just have to wait and see and let his actions prove his true motives and feelings. If he wants to be more, then I'm willing to give it a try. But I'm not waiting around for him, and will not let myself be hurt by him again. But for now, I'll just let the high from the other night continue, until it eventually wears off and reality sets in again.

No comments: