Thursday, April 16, 2009

We've run out of reasons why we're together

I am very surprised--and proud--at how I've handled this breakup. I'm especially proud of the fact that I haven't made a fool of myself by begging him to take me back. No drunk phone calls, nothing.


I haven't heard from him, either. Which sucks. But it's better that way, for the both of us. It's hard to think about the fact he just really doesn't care about me anymore. So I try not to if the thought pops into my head. Sometimes it still feels unreal, that I haven't talked to him in what has now been 24 days. 24 days without any contact.


What has made him so much easier to get over is that it was a long-distance relationship. And the fact that it was falling apart before it officially ended. I'm used to being apart from him and unfortunately and much to my anger, not hearing from him. I know now that he will not call. So now I don't have to spend anymore time worrying when he was going to call me, why he hadn't called me. I know now that he should have been calling me several times a day!

I've been strong. Uncharacteristically strong. I've got a fairly good attitude about the situation. He was not 'the one'. While I may not have the future I envisioned with him anymore, I know I will have it someday, with someone else, someone better. I need to use this time to really learn to love myself, and to figure out what I want to do with my life. But that's a whole other story...

No comments: