Thursday, April 03, 2008

If you just realized what I just realized

The tables have been turned, and now I am on the other side. I kind of can see where they all were coming from...well, just a little bit. I'm doing everything that I hate that guys have done to me. But I can't help it. I don't like the guy, and I don't know what to do! I go on one date with him, and now he's in love with me. Turns out, he was in love with me before I went out with him. I was like a dream come true to him. And for me, not so much. There was no spark, and he is so not what I want. There's a lot of me in him--the stuff about me that I don't like and want to change. Plus, when a guy begins a question with "this is something that is very important to me" and you say no to that question (do you go to church, in this case)--a big resounding no for him and for me (I don't want to be with someone like that)--it's just not going to work out. And I thought that he got the hint when I ignored him. Not answering his texts. Not saying hi when he was at the gym at the same time. But no, this guy is clueless! I did end up apologizing for acting so weird when he said he still wanted to be friends (because I was assuming he had gotten the picture) and said friends was ok. But, he apparently misunderstood me. Big time. Because he's still trying to see me! Or actually, "trying to get next to me." Saying I wanted to be friends, which is supposed to be the biggest blow when it comes to relationships, was a mistake. I'm going to have to tell him the truth at some point. That when I said I wanted to be friends, well, that I meant I didn't actually want to be friends--more like I'll be nice to you and say hi to you and maybe, maybe, make small talk with you--but nothing more. No hanging out. I guess he still thinks he has a chance, and I guess that's my fault. It's not like I haven't made things incredibly awkward enough at the gym, where I see his friends more than him, who are staring at me the whole time and who knows what he's said about me. Yeah. Makes for an interesting time everyday. And today? Well, this could possibly be the worst of them all. I know he's going to be there today. He told me. And he's going to come talk to me. And he's probably going to be waiting for me (if not at the door!) for me to walk in. What did I get myself into...and why can't he be someone different that I actually liked??

No comments: