Friday, January 25, 2008

Why can't it be like the first week?

Well, I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but my instincts were dead-on. He dumped me last night. That's why he didn't text me back yesterday. And that's probably why he didn't call me back on Wednesday, because he wasn't ready to face me yet. But he told me last night. He was straight to the point, barely any chit-chat beforehand. He just went ahead and ripped out my heart from my chest. Immediately when he said that he had to be "upfront" with me or some crap like that, I knew. I'd known all along, but now he was going to tell me everything that I didn't want to hear. And that's exactly what he did. And now I feel like the biggest idiot. He said he didn't know where things might be headed, but he didn't want to pursue anything more with me. Said it was hard for him to do this. Told me I was a great girl and he's had fun with me. But that's never enough, is it? What he actually said is pretty much a blur in my mind. I know he could tell that I was upset, that I was starting to cry. I didn't have anything to say to him--I didn't know what to say. I said thanks for being honest, and that's about it. Then we hung up. Mom told me I should text him and tell him that I thought he was different, that he should have told me before I came up this past weekend, because now I just feel stupid. I sent him that. And he had to respond with some more crap like, I shouldn't feel stupid because he had fun last weekend, it's just that he realized we're two very different people. Biggest bunch of fucking bullshit. I wish I hadn't gone up there again. It would have still hurt if he told me before, but not as much as it does now. And what is this bullshit about being very different? Just fucking tell me you don't want to be in a relationship. Don't go and say shit like that to try and justify it. I just can't believe that it happened ONCE AGAIN. If I'm so fucking great as they all tell me, then why the hell don't they want to stay with me? Why can't I get past this point? Why doesn't anyone ever want to be with me? I just don't understand it. I feel soooooo STUPID for thinking it could actually be different this time. IT WILL NEVER BE DIFFERENT.

No comments: