Monday, January 16, 2006

I'll be the greatest fan of your life

So, Ania and I still have not worked things out yet. She never called on Saturday night. I didn't call her; I just sent her a text message telling her we needed to talk the next day. It was up to her to call me--I wasn't going to do it. She doesn't call. She sends me an IM, which I don't get until the end of the day because I was gone all day. She apologized for not calling and said I had every right to be mad at her. Damn right I did. And it wasn't just because she didn't call that night. I called her, she didn't answer. I went to hang out with some other friends, which was definitely a much needed distraction. I called her about an hour later, she still didn't answer. I was so pissed. No way I was calling her again. She calls me around 11pm or so and is like, is everything ok? I didn't have my phone with me all day, did you get my IM. I'm sorry, blah, blah, blah. Of course, me being the way -too-nice girl that I am, didn't say anything. She asked if I wanted to meet her today at a coffee shop or something to study/talk/catch up, and I said yes, just give me the time. Said she'd call me today--she promised. No call. What a suprise. I get an IM from her this evening. It's her explanation for the way she's been. I don't say anything. I didn't know what to say. No, that's not true. I knew exactly what to say. I was just too scared to do it. So I waited until I could gather my thoughts to respond. And I did. And now her away message rightly says that "sometimes we forget how lucky we are." She definitely has been taking me for granted. I am disappointed and sad because I won't be receiving a call from my best friend asking me how my first time back at chapter was tonight, as a best friend should do. It probably hasn't even crossed her mind.

No comments: