Monday, April 04, 2005

Cause I'm a wishful thinker with the worst intentions

So guess who I'll be hanging out with this summer...Matt!!! When I woke up this morning, I logged onto facebook and saw I had 2 messages...I was hoping one might be from him by some chance, and one of them was! I put a new picture up--it's from Friday night at a fraternity party. It's one of those shots that kinda messed up, but ended up turning out really good. Anyways, in it, I'm holding an infamous red cup in my hand. And I made a webpage with pictures of me and Ania and our fun nights out. Apparently, Matt checked it out, because he wrote me. Here's what he said:

2:10am 04.04.05
Matt:
Is that an alcoholic beverage I see in your hand in your picture?! And what is this about Kissing hot guys? Mallory (last name)! Your mom would be so proud. She is always telling me that I should take you out to a party but thought you wouldn't be interested...we will have to throw a party sometime this summer. Hope you are having fun (and by the looks of things I am not to concerned.)
9:32am 04.04.05
Mallory:
Aw, Matt...you seriously made my day, you have no idea. And of course that's not alcohol! Me, drinking?!!! (haha!!) I have some crazy stories I could tell you that you would not even believe that it was me...And yes, we definitely have to have a party or at least go out or something...in the past I wouldn't have been interested, but all it took was a little heartbreak, some newfound confidence in myself, and the desire to find someone...and I'm having so much fun along the way and I'm so happy for once! Talk to you soon!~Mallory
Matt:
I am so glad you are happy and full of confidence. There was never any reason for a girl like you to not have confidence but at least you have it now. We will definitely hang out, you can tell me your crazy stories.

!!! So yeah, we will definitely be hanging out this summer!!! He really made my day. I've been a little sad about Adam. Not too much, but more like disappointment. I knew that he wouldn't call me. I even told him right to his face that he wouldn't actually call me. He said he would, but how do I trust someone who has broken his word before? Whatever. Ania and I are having a "guys suck" night tomorrow. We're going to blast the Avril music and eat ice cream and talk about what jerks guys can be. Not all--just Adam and Tim. We're going to forget these losers. Although, if the do end up calling us, we will both go back to them. Because we're girls. And we're dumb. That's what we do. We let guys treat us like we're nothing for some stupid reason, all because we want someone to hold us and care about us. When we think we've found the rare guy who actually does, we end up devoting ourselves to him. And then the fairytale ends. And we're left all alone, wondering what we did wrong, why it didn't work out, begging for them to take us back. But on another note, Ania told me she ran into Ania today and was like, "I have a lot of studying to do today, and I might take a study break and go for coffee with Mallory if you want to come" and she said he was like, yeah, I'd really like that, make sure you call me if you do. Awww...how sweet! I think he likes me....I'm really not sure how I feel about him at the moment. I'd like to continue to get to know him and date him, but I don't want anything serious because there's 4 weeks of school left and he'll be leaving. Plus, there's the possibility of Adam still calling...and Matt this summer...plus tons of other potential boys I might meet...Never been in this situation before. Wow, more than one guy to choose from...that's a huge rarity for me. Anyways, I've been slacking with school...gotta study for a quiz tomorrow. I'm really ok with the Adam thing. He's a jerk. So not worth my energy. I never really got my hopes up anyways. I knew it wouldn't come true. Because that's just the way it is.

No comments: