Monday, June 20, 2005

And nothing I could do could keep me from you that night

So apparently I'm the AJ's girl. And that's it. At least according to Adam's cousin--that's what he told him in an email after he met me (his cousin was in London last semester). I feel so special. Figures that's all I mean to him with the way he's treated me. Anyways, I know this because on Saturday night I hung out with his cousin--I went with Meredith and Kathryn came later--he leads a church group of theirs and he invited them to hang out at Cafe Cabernet with some other people too. He ended up giving me a ride home because I stayed later (I wasn't ready to leave--and didn't want to). And I think I'm in love--not really, but maybe have sort of a crush on this guy Joe. He's soooo cute and nice--and best friends with none other than Chase! So I have a connection with people in this group from 2 boys that I dated...so coincidental. Yeah, it definitely was a little awkward being around Adam's cousin, but he's a lot different from him. He even tried apoligizing somewhat for Adam--saying to try not to take it personal, because apparently, this is not unusual behavior for Adam. Unfortunately, I learned that the hard way. Many times. Way too many times. More than I should have ever put up with. But on the upside, Joe is so cute!!! I hope he doesn't have a girlfriend...He recognized me and knew who I was--that I had dated Chase. It's funny because at one point he was like, want me to call Chase? And I was like, why? I haven't seen or talked to him except randomly last summer at orientation...he didn't seem to want me to leave either, when Meredith and Kathryn did. He was like, "you're not going to leave too are you?" (or something to that effect). He has this smile that just makes you melt. I couldn't tell, but it seemed like we were flirting a little? Maybe, but it could have just been the alcohol...but anyways, that made for a good night. And maybe a hope for the future...but if not, it's cool. I've been in bed all day either watching movies or sleeping. I came down with something last night. I feel better now, but still not 100%. I know Adam got my facebook message--and obviously, everything I said to him was true, because I haven't heard from him. I know I won't, either. But it's ok. It took me a while--and a huge mistake--to finally realize how so not worth it he is. And if by some chance some things I said were in fact not true, he's just too chicken to tell me so--and I even bet him that he didn't have the guts to tell me how he really felt, even if it was everything I was telling him. Whatever. No more wasting time on him. Yet, I still can't get that night out of my head, and what's crazy is that it sorta makes me smile...

No comments: