Saturday, June 11, 2005

I watch the walls around me crumble

It's over. I found out yesterday that he cheated on me. TWICE. In one week. The first happened while I was out of town in Orlando for the concert. His roommates got a keg, and he says he got really wasted and did who knows what with some girl. He called me the next day as if nothing had happened. Now I know why he didn't want to see me that night, even though I knew he had to get up early and I understood that. But apparently, it was because he couldn't face me. The second time was on Thursday, when we were supposed to be together and he said he was going to bed instead of going out with me. Roommates got another keg. So we made plans for Friday night ("it'll be that much better because we haven't seen each other"). I called him that morning while he was at work to tell him I wasn't mad at him for the night before, but just disappointed because I had been looking forward to seeing him all day. He never called me back after work, so I called him. He tells me that he might be going to Gainesville after work. I get really disappointed, because once again, I was being let down. And he could tell by the sound of my voice. I called him back a few minutes later and left him a message telling him how I was feeling. I told him that the reason why I sounded so sad was that I felt this was how it began...the first couple of weeks are really great, and then the guy starts to distance himself and doesn't want to see you (this is exactly what happened with Adam). I said that I was worried that this is what was beginning to happen with us, and wanted to know what was going on. He called me back and said he was never going to Gainesville. He lied to me because he had cheated on me, and didn't want to tell me. Or hadn't worked up the nerve to tell me yet. I was speechless; to begin with, I was already upset, and this just sent me over the edge. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't find out about the second time until the end of the conversation, when he asked if I wanted to know what he had done. I said no, and then he said that all I needed to know was that he cheated on me twice. TWICE??? WTF? When the hell did that happen? Well, it was on Thursday night, when he was supposedly sleeping...yeah, with some other girl. I don't know what hurt more--the fact that he cheated on me, or the part where he'd been making up complete lies. I could have dealt with him cheating once--I may have been able to forgive him. But then to find out he did it AGAIN...He came over last night after work so I could have a talk with him face to face. He didn't have much to say, and really couldn't explain himself. I let him have it. I wasn't nice or very understanding to him at all. He didn't deserve that from me, not after what he did. I broke up with him.

No comments: