Sunday, July 24, 2005

The dawn is breaking, a light shining through

I'm feeling very vintage-y and bohemian at the moment. I've been inspired by this Anthropologie catalog I found at home. I absolutely love their home stuff. It's so pretty and vintage-looking. I have so many styles that I like, it's impossible to pick just one. I want to redo my room in this style. Of course I won't, but I'd like to. Maybe I'll save it for my next place. And somehow mix it with some of the other styles (modern, funky, etc.) that I like. This past Thursday, some incredibly inhumane person dumped two tiny black kittens in our yard. They are so precious! One's a boy and one's a girl. I don't know how a person can do such a thing. It's so cruel and horrible. I think we're going to keep them now. At first it was like, uh oh, Dad's not going to be happy and is going to say to bring them to the shelter. But he's such a softy, because when he came home that night and saw them, he said "how cute" and just fell in love with them. My brother has been taking care of them the most, letting them sleep with him in his room and he walks them around the yard (they follow him). It's so sweet. Frosty is not happy at all. He's all like, this is my house...what are you trying to do, replace me or something? Poor thing is very angry and will not go anywhere near the kittens. I don't know what is with my family and finding cats lately. It all began with me finding Chloe, and then my grandma found Baby, and now these two cats...the world must know that we love animals. That's how we got Frosty, too, 13 years ago...we found him abandoned on our van tire. It's just the summer of the cats.

No comments: