Monday, August 01, 2005

I know there's little use in crying

I found out today that Chloe has feline AIDS. And she's probably around 2 years old, not a kitten like we thought. But there's no way I'm going to abandon her. Someone's already done that once to her. She's such a sweet and beautiful cat. A little crazy at times, but I've fallen in love with her. It'll be hard (if and) when she gets sick. But that might not be for years and years. I'm going to take care of her and give her a really good life while she's alive. That's what it's all about. The quality, not necessarily the length of time, you have with a pet. I know it'll be very sad, and I hope I don't have to face that day, but I'll love her until her time comes. You wouldn't abandon a child if they developed a deadly disease; it's the same way for me with an animal. At least she doesn't know. There's peace in mind sometimes in being oblivious to the truth.

No comments: