Tuesday, August 16, 2005

this could be different, this could be all i'm waiting for

This sounds pretty hypocritical coming from a girl who is a member of a sorority herself, but I swear, they're all clones of each other! Highlighted blond and brown hair, faces plastered with makeup, tanning-bed tanned skin, all wearing the same Abercrombie/Hollister look with their designer handbags. I don't think I look like them, the typical sorority girl. Do I? I definitely haven't conformed--take the fact that I didn't drink at all while I was active for 2 1/2 years and I never bought in to the whole Coach, Louis Vuitton, etc. purse thing. Because believe me, EVERYONE has one. But I never really got the attraction. Of course, I can't apply this to all the girls, because not everyone's the same, and not everyone's like that. But those sure were the girls I saw at the mall today! You could spot them a mile a way. It's that time of year again--rush. I do feel kinda bad now that I've sad all of this, because I've met some of the most amazing girls being in KD...take Anne for instance, who I don't know what I would've done if I'd never met her! I just got a little annoyed today I guess. Thought they'd all be busy with Spirit Week stuff and not be out at the mall when I was shopping today. But whatever. It was bugging me. So I finally looked at the picture that I took of me and Skip while we were out last Thursday. I'd been afraid to look at it, for one thing because it didn't turn out good, and because I didn't want to jinx anything. But it's really not that bad after all. I look decent, and he looks SO HOTT despite moving before the picture was actually done being taken (darn red eye flashes!). And no, I haven't been staring at it all night...I'm not psycho. I've only looked at it a few times! Oh, and NO COOKIES!!! Not for a very, very long time. They're bad luck. And no gifts. No mentioning far in the future, or "us" or anything that might scare him away for that matter. I'm just taking it day by day, seeing where it goes. I don't need to call him every day, since I think that's a huge turnoff, especially when I have no idea what we are yet. If we will be anything at all (I'm hoping--no PRAYING-- that that's not the case). But I'm gonna call him tomorrow evening at some point to make plans for Thursday night to go out with Ania and I. "Just call me babe, just call me..." He calls me baby all the time!

No comments: