Thursday, March 17, 2005

It's alright, I survived, I'm alive again

Dude...this better work this time, because it's the second time I'm writing it because it messed up when I tried to publish it and I lost it...it won't be as good as the first, and now I've gotta try and remember what I wrote...The best part of today: in my public policy class, we're talking about the policy-making process, and in particular, the Iraq war. My professor asked why the Democrats had failed in their role as the opposition party and not debate the issue, and also why John Kerry voted for the resolution. Well, some smart-aleck in the class commented, "because he's a flip-flopper." Dr. Kemp (my professor), totally went off on the guy. She had made it clear that we'd be analytically critiquing the process, and there was no place for pointless, baseless attacks on either parties. Plus, she said if anyone should be called that, it's the other guy. It was so great. I've been going nonstop all day. First registering, then class, then my appointment. I feel so smart in my research class, which is all statistics. It seems as if the whole class is all confused and doesn't understand, but I find it pretty easy...guess that's a gift. I'm becoming quite the bad girl...I left during the middle of my economics class today. But it was only because I needed enough time to go home and grab something to eat otherwise I would have just died of starvation (and no, I'm not being the least bit dramatic...). But it was only a half hour early...and it's not like I was paying any attention whatsoever. I don't remember a thing he was talking about...all I know is we're discussing contract law and its history right now (and I wonder why I can't concentrate!). I saw a new side of campus today as I walked to my appointment. It was strange (and freezing!) walking to the student life building. Never seen that part before. I've only been there once, and that was with, well, you know...I think my session went really well today...there was a really cute guy in the waiting room... It was a little awkward at first to reveal all this personal stuff to a complete stranger, but it wasn't that bad...maybe it's because I've been spilling my inner most thoughts on this journal to the whole world that made it easier. My counselor agrees with me that what Adam did--just dropping all contact with me--was a lousy thing to do. One insight: when I was asked to list some of the things that I liked about myself, I started out by saying my body, but then I went on to describe these negative things and never finished with the positives. And when asked again, I couldn't think of anything other than being smart. I couldn't think of anything positive, just the negative. I guess I'll have to work on that, but that's the whole purpose. So, since it's such a dreary and cold day, and the fact that my head is killing me, I've decided not to go out for St. Patrick's Day. It's a shocker, I know. I really wanted to, but I'm not feeling it tonight. Plus, I'm saving up for tomorrow night. Which, by the way, did I mention I'm soooo excited about? Look out boys, here I come!!!! (did I just say that??!!)

1 comment:

Wirthy said...

Lately I've also had a lot of problems with Blogger.com when trying to publish.

What I do now is, before I publish, I select all my text and copy it. Then if an error occurs, at least I can just paste the text and try it again.