Tuesday, March 15, 2005

so you think you can hold the world up by a string

I have a new obsession: thefacebook.com. I feel like such a dork because apparently I had the wrong facebook--not that I did anything with it, but everyone seems to have had it for so long and I'm joining the game kinda late. But whatever. It's like high school all over again. Not exactly the place that I want to be ever again. I don't think I'd ever go back if I could...there were lots of good times, but too many bad times--they all came rushing back to me as I sat in the bleachers at Chiles for one of my brother's lacrosse games...nothing had changed. I still felt as lost and lonely as I did then....There are so many people from Chiles on facebook. I just created the account yesterday afternoon, and only searched around and hadn't really added anyone yet. But what do I find in my inbox this morning when I wake up? An email from none other than Meredith Brown to add her to my friends list. I saw that she had it, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to add her or not (hmmm, wonder why...) I just thought that was so ironic. It's like when my mom and I just knew some how that she'd end up pledging KD like me...Anyways, I spent all afternoon on it after I got home. It's so addicting, all these things. I've still got myspace and this journal. Wow...I'm spending way too much time on the Internet. I haven't done this much of this type of thing since high school. It's distracting me from stuff I really should be doing for school...But I'm just so glad that there is one person that is not on facebook, because it would drive me absolutely crazy if he was on there....So, today wasn't too bad again, either. I kicked butt on my public policy exam--I got a 100 (no curve or anything)! I'm so proud of myself. I also got a 99 (but with curve points, but I'll take it) on my economics test. Still no word on my Latin American exam...that's the one I'm kinda nervous about. But it's ok if it's not an A...remember, I don't have to get A's...just gotta keep repeating that to myself. Rain, rain, rain. Looks like I'll be seeing a lot of it over the next 24 hours.

No comments: