Sunday, March 20, 2005

Now I know what I didn't know...

Wow. That pretty much sums up last night. I remember pretty much everything that happened, but yet, it's a blur...probably from all the alcohol I had--which I went a little bit overboard on. That's actually an understatement. I got wasted for the first time. Did not plan on that happening at all. I wouldn't have been that bad if I hadn't had that second Long Island. But it was so much fun. Until the end of the night. I can't believe how crazy I acted. It all seems like it was a dream, like did I really do that?!! So, let me start from the beginning. Warning: it's a very long story, because like I said, it was one crazy, fun night! I got to Gainesville around 6:30-ish, and then Bryan and I grabbed something to eat for dinner. We didn't really know what to do, so we just hung out at his apartment until it was time to go out. Wasted a couple hours watching movies on ebaumsworld.com. The most hilarious videos on there are the ones with the star wars kid--especially when they add in the special effects. I highly recommend checking it out. So around 11pm, we met up with his swim team friends at this place called the Grog House...it's like a casual club/bar type place. The place was filled with very good-looking guys! And Bryan has some really hot friends, too! (Who apparently had some good things to say about me, as well!) I started out the night by having some pineapple-flavored shot, then had a Long Island. Started to feel the alcohol's effects, but decided on one more Long Island for some crazy reason (my judgment was already impaired). I so was feeling it after that second one...definitely not something I've ever experienced before. I started getting into the music and moving around/semi-dancing while just looking all around the place at the guys. No guys came up to me on their own...I think it was because Bryan was around me the whole time, and it might have seemed like we were together, but we weren't. At one point I saw this really cute and hot guy pass by...Bryan then told me to look around and find the hottest guy I could spot...so I looked for the guy I saw--couldn't find him at first, but then spotted him behind us. Well, Bryan went over there (I, meanwhile, am in my own little world, just dancing to the music, standing next to a table) and from what he told me late last night during our drunken (well, my drunken) conversation before falling asleep he said that his friend wanted to meet him (something like that). The guy was interested, but thought that I was with Bryan because he had been by me all night, but Bryan said no, and he ended up coming up to me. His name was Rob and he's a Sig Ep. Not really sure what we talked about, but not long after I met him I asked him if he wanted to dance. So we just started dancing right there. Most of the people at the place were all tipsy by this time and dancing too, but there weren't many dancing where we were. So got some stares, but I didn't care. I was really into it! I think his friend was taking pictures of us, because I remember seeing flashes going off several times. Then we ended up moving to the front of the place where more people were dancing. I really let loose...I was dancing like crazy! And I was really good at it, too! We definitely kissed several times at least (it's all a blur!). Yep. I was making out with a guy I just met. Crazy. But great!! And apparently we danced for well over an hour--until the club closed. I don't remember it being that long at all. It seemed more like 15 minutes to me. But that's what Bryan said. Funny, but I wasn't tired from it at all. Definitely was about to fall over numerous times, but saved by Rob. So, after that, Rob said something to me about going back to the Sig Ep house...I wasn't ready for the night to end...went and found Bryan and Rob told him about it...decided to do that. As we were walking, I kept looking back at Bryan and asking him to please not leave me so I wouldn't do anything I would regret, because at that point, I was completely capable of it. I was so out of it. Rob was holding one of my hands as we walked, and I was latched on to Bryan with the other, making sure he wouldn't leave me. Once in the car, had to ask what Rob's name was again, because I had no clue! Definitely held hands the whole way. When we got to the house, something about not being able to park in the driveway, so we parked on the curb. At this point, I was really beginning to feel sick. Bryan was not actually going to let me get out of the car, and was about to just tell Rob to go, when I got sick. I was so leaning out of the car. Not fun at all. I was then taken out of the car and sat down on the curb, 3 guys at my side (Bryan, his roommate, and Rob). I felt so embarassed about the whole situation, and just started crying...first about not meaning to get sick, and then just about everything--Adam, guys not like me in general, etc. Who knows all what I said, because I certainly don't. What seemed like a very short time to me ended up being over an hour again. I became an annoying drunk person. Bryan's roommate (who's also named Rob) was drunk, too, and told me to shut up a couple of times and just wanted to get me in the car (don't remember this stuff). But Bryan's rationale was that since it was my first time feeling like this, I didn't know what it felt like and how I'd be fine if I moved (which I didn't think I could do because I was so nauseous). So we stayed on the curb. Rob was still there with me, holding me, talking a bunch of nonsense, as Bryan told me today. I thought he was being nice by saying stuff (but then again, I was the one almost passed out on the curb!) I remember saying things like I know he'll never want to speak to me again, and he kept saying that he'd call me the next day. I ended up giving him my number before we left and he said he'd call me. I didn't think he would. But much to my surprise, he did! Just wanted to make sure I got home safe and see how I was feeling, which was sweet, except I'm sure last night he was looking to get something from me...Anyways, to make a long story a bit shorter...I'll admit that Bryan was right. He did prove to me last night (which was one of the reasons for inviting me down) that guys do like me and think I'm attractive. After all, I danced and kissed one last night! So I can't complain about that anymore. It's definitely a night I'll never forget. And now I know that I never want to get wasted again. But I'd say the pain and suffering was worth one night of fun! And next weekend I'll be in Orlando visiting Anne...

1 comment:

Wirthy said...

gotta love those drunk nights