Monday, March 07, 2005

Wondering when the call comes where you say it's alright, you got your heart right

So I'm back home in Tallahassee. It's good to be home. But I had a lot of fun this weekend. It was really nice to get away, even if for only a short while. I needed it. The weather was absolutely perfect for the beach--the sky was perfectly clear and the sun was shining, although it was a little chilly at times. Got some sun, but not too much. But that's ok. I don't tan unless I'm out in the sun constantly. But I don't want to get skin cancer or have wrinkles. I'm preserving my skin, unlike the majority of people, well, anywhere. The beach is so relaxing. I love listening to the sound of the waves crashing ashore. But the sun can really drain the energy out of you--laying out is hard work! Running along the beach is also heaven. It's just so exhilarating--I could have gone on for miles longer than I did. Lots and lots of people walk along the beach--I've never seen so many do so. I'm not used to the beaches down south--I prefer the beaches up here with their sand dunes and white sandy shores. But I'm not complaining. I haven't been to the beach in forever (excluding visiting the ones in California), so it was really great. I also had a great time spending time with Meghan and Vanessa. Tried to find some interesting things to do, but didn't know of anything around (plus, too many older people...not enough young people around). We tried to have our own little fun, but ended up being too tired and not feeling to well...I don't know why, but I really wanted to get drunk (not wasted, but get a good buzz I guess) that night...even bought some raspberry flavored vodka...I'll have to save that for another time. But dinner at Sloppy Joe's was fun (except for the forever wait). We got a nice little tour of the Tampa International Airport on Sunday when we were trying to find the International Mall. Once we spotted it, we ended up on the path home by mistake...and drove and drove until we finally found this other mall to go to. Who knew finding something so simple could be such a huge ordeal! It did end up having a Hollister...I couldn't hide my joy when I discovered this...I know it's so sad when I get so excited over a clothing store. One shirt I got ended up having a hole in it, which luckily I caught before we left so I could exchange it. But to my surprise, I discovered today when I got home and was going through my stuff that a second shirt has a small hole in the side...oh, well. Guess I'll just have to live with it. It's not noticible and maybe I can somehow fix it. Long trip home today...still need to unpack, maybe tonight, but maybe not. Overall, the weekend went really well...it was fun just hanging out and relaxing at the beach. I'll never forget this from the trip home today: "I thought they were cats" (just kidding, Meghan...you know we'll never let you live this down...but I love ya anyways. And besides, you always know how to make us laugh, even if you don't mean to!) And thanks so much to Vanessa and her grandmother for letting us stay at her condo, because otherwise, this weekend wouldn't have happened. So, as for the remainder of the week...not so sure what I'll be doing...definitely got some stupid school stuff to deal with...and I want to go to the mall again...so we'll see. I've got more to say, just don't feel like it right now...too tired!

No comments: